Michael Offord Optometrist Ltd
Data Protection Statement
As your Optometrist, we record your personal details on our computer system in order to provide you with clinical care and dispensing services.
For legal and professional reasons we are obliged to retain such data for a significant period after our last contact with you. The advice from our professional body, the College Of Optometrists, is that this should be 10 years after our last contact in the case of adults, or in the case of children 10 years after they were last seen or their 25th birthday, whichever is the later. After that time we will anonymise your data so you will no longer be identifiable on our database.
We understand that holding your data is a significant responsibility and we give the following undertakings:
- We will only ask for and store data that is necessary to provide you with the clinical and dispensing services we provide.
- That data is held in a secure computerised database, and can only be accessed by our own staff, who use PINs to maintain security.
- We will not make your data available to any 3rd party – e.g. your GP or the Hospital Eye Service – without your permission.
- We will not supply your data to any 3rd party for commercial purposes, ever.
- You have the right to inspect the data we hold about you, and will make any corrections that you request as soon as practically possible.
- We will use your contact details to let you know when your appointments are due, and when your glasses, contact lenses and other products are available for collection.
- We regularly publish a newsletter that gives information about the practice and optical matters. If you would like to receive a copy of this by email, please let our staff know so they can update your record accordingly.
- If you have any concerns about the data that we hold about you, your children or other adults for whom you are responsible, then please raise these with the practice owner, Michael Offord in the first instance.
This policy provides you with details of how any personal data we collect from our website will be processed.
We collect information about you when you fill in any of the forms on our website i.e. sending an enquiry or signing up for a newsletter.
When submitting forms on our website we use third-party software providers for automated data collection and processing purposes, they do not use your data for any other purposes.
When visiting our website Google analytics records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer such as the browser you are using. All of that information is anonymous. For more information about Google Analytics please go to: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Or, opt out if you wish at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Social Media Buttons
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device and are harmless to your computer.
By browsing our website, you understand that Cookies will be collected from you.